Ellie's Tracker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sewing

I have this watermelon fabric that I just love. And when I found this adorable pattern over at Craftsy, I knew I had to make it! I am so excited with how it turned out!





My once-upon-a-time-almost-sister is expecting, and while I couldn't make it to her baby shower, I did send a gift. I caught the "faux chenille" bug (thanks to these amazing tutorials at Aesthetic Nest and Made), and thought this was the perfect excuse to try it out! I layered a super cute Michael Miller giraffe cotton print with 4 layers of flannel. Then I sewed endless lines a half inch apart...


Then I cut in between all those lines through 3 layers of the flannel, and attached the binding.


Put it in the washer and dryer, and TA-DA! It gets softer and softer over the next several washes! I must make MORE!




My label!



I also learned how to machine applique! Here's my first attempt!


Finally, here is my work-in-progress Dr. Seuss quilt... just the top is done so far.


Ok, that's all my show & tell for today!

Mama Saree

1 comment:

  1. I really like your watermelon bag! I noticed you are from Kentucky, I am too! I'm Carol Marie on Threadbias.

    ReplyDelete