Ellie's Tracker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Off Topic: The End of a Dynasty


There’s no easy way to say this, so I’ll just put it out there. The Jeep has reached the end. Wednesday, Hubby noticed a rattling sound on his way to work. He had high hopes it was just a valve, found a mechanic with good reviews, and took the Jeep there after work. Yesterday he got the call. It wasn’t good news. The rattling was coming from deep within the engine and would cost more than the worth of the vehicle to fix. I knew this day was coming for quite some time. I’ve known the Jeep for the 8.5 years I’ve been with Hubby; that’s going back to our High School days! The Jeep is currently 15 years old. If you know my Hubby, or even another Jeep fanatic, you know I’m right about the next key points: This is devastating; Trade-in is not an option; It will sit in the garage, in pieces, until one day it is reborn.

Goodbye Jeep - for now anyway.

 

Knowing this day was coming eventually, he’d been thinking about what car he’d like to get. I found a brand new Mazda6 (manual, of course) for a good deal in a Mazda dealer’s inventory online. I requested the special ePrice, and suddenly it was a steal! Naturally, it wasn’t our local dealership, but one about 45 minutes away (unless you are in rush hour traffic, which we were, and therefore more like an hour and 10 minutes). Being that I drink water constantly, I needed to ask where the restrooms were immediately when we arrived! 

The car was test-driven, we filled out some forms, signed enough documents I felt like I might own a third house, and a little over 2 hours later, we were the proud owners of a new car! Hubby drove it away with only 39 miles on it. 

So, the moment you didn’t know you were waiting for… here is the car:






In baby news, my goal is to have the curtains finished by Sunday evening. I’m not sure how realistic the goal is, since we have a 4th of July party on Saturday. I’ll just have to make myself a slave to the craft room on Sunday. Stay tuned, as tomorrow will be Bump Saturday and I will post a picture of Ellie!  

Mama Saree

No comments:

Post a Comment