Ellie's Tracker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

6 Months Old!

My little bitty baby is already half way to a year! Where does the time go? At her 6 month check-up, she weighed in at 14 pounds, 11 ounces! She also took her shots like a champ this time. She cried, but it was only for a very, very short time. She even removed one of her pink camo band-aids the next day! She rolls both ways, but still hates, hates, hates being on her tummy.

I still enjoy the cloth diapers. Every Thursday (trash day) morning, I drive by a house that has a GIANT pampers box on the curb. That's a lot of diapers. And a lot of money. And a lot of trash that'll still be around in 100 years.

We tried some rice cereal at 4 months and 5 months, and both times, after 4 days, she decided she was having none of that. So we moved on. Last week I made her some sweet potatoes (I'm surprised there were any left for her to try, because they were delicious and I almost couldn't stop eating them!). It was a losing battle trying to get her to eat them. I read that it takes babies 15-25 times of trying a food before they truly develop a like or a dislike. I'm pretty sure it did not take Ellie that long. This week, I made her some carrots. Compared to the sweet potatoes, she loved them! Basically, she was opening her mouth enough to let them in. She only ate maybe half an ounce. I think it is fun to steam the foods, put them in my food processor, and spread them in the little baby food ice cube trays for freezing. The food tastes so fresh and REAL! I personally do not think jarred baby food tastes like the real deal. Homemade is the way to go for our family.

We had Ellie's 6 month pictures taken last night. She was super grumpy and unusually tired (of course), so we didn't get very many smiles. Here are the favorites!











 It is so fun watching her learn and discover new things/sounds/body parts! Haha! She is definitely getting her bottom teeth in. They'll make for some extra-adorable pictures, if she ever lets us see them!

I'll work on posting some of her grumpy face pictures!

That's all for now!
Mama Saree
  

No comments:

Post a Comment