Ellie's Tracker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 3, 2012

32 Weeks - Baby Shower!

I love 3 day weekends. I think we should have them more often. The extra day really helps!

On Saturday, I reached 32 weeks. I continue to be amazed each week that I'm another week further along. I think it will be a shock once I do go in to labor, just because I don't expect it to ever happen. I've been dreaming of having a baby for so long, it still doesn't seem real that I could be holding my baby girl in 8 weeks.

Yesterday, Sunday, was my baby shower! My aunt Karen organized the event, and my mom hosted it at her house. Most of my family members traveled all the way from Northwest Indiana just for Ellie and Me. I am so blessed to have so much love in my family. Some people might not be willing to give up a holiday weekend for us, but they did. I loved seeing everyone, as I probably won't see them again until sometime after Elliana arrives. Here are some pictures from the shower!!!


Above: My mom made the tablecloths! They are absolutely adorable!



Below: The balloons were so cute! And my mom used Dreft laundry detergent and baby bath stuff as balloon weights! So I could then use them after the shower was over! We also have a few very realistic looking dolls that were used as decorations. It was a fun way to display more baby items!






Here are a few more of the decorations!



This one is Ellie's "coming home" outfit!


The shower was a great time! I've been looking forward to it for so long, and it did not disappoint!



My sister and I had very similar dresses! It was very cute and totally unplanned!


I am humbled by the extravagant gifts we received. There is not much more hubby and I need in order to be fully prepared for Ellie. All the gifts were prefect! Elliana is so loved already, and it makes me smile with joy. I am one lucky mama already!

Mama Saree

No comments:

Post a Comment